Founded in 1912, FASEB began with a small group of dedicated scientists, from three independent organizations, who wanted to provide a forum for educational meetings, develop publications, and disseminate results of biological research. Now the nation’s largest biomedical coalition, FASEB is the recognized collective policy voice of biological and biomedical researchers.
Building on more than a century of service to the life sciences community, FASEB
- Represents 23 scientific societies and more than 110,000 researchers worldwide
- Hosts an array of scientific conferences and events each year
- Publishes the FASEB Journal, FASEB BioAdvances, and Washington Update
- Works to ensure a diverse and representative workforce in the biological and biomedical sciences
- Celebrates the efforts of those working to advance biological and biomedical sciences through an awards program
- Provides career resources through job/resume postings, fellowships, and networking
- Partners with affiliate organizations to advance awareness of biological and biomedical research
We advance health and well-being by promoting research and education in biological and biomedical sciences through collaborative advocacy and service to our member societies and their members.